Bring the outside in, with beautiful picture windows. A new picture window fills your home with natural light, unobstructed views and makes a room feel more spacious while adding the outdoors as a focal point, a stunning addition to any home. Picture windows are fixed; they do not open. They can be combined with operating single-hung, double-hung, or casement windows to add ventilation.
Best Buy Windows and Siding’s picture windows are high performance, energy-efficient, and custom-made for your home.
What are Picture Windows?
A picture window is a type of stationary window, typically designed as a single, continuous piece of glass. It is usually a relatively large window that gives a clear view of a desirable part of the property, such as a garden or architectural element of the home. Picture windows can be used as statement windows, complementing the exterior design of the home.
The name and design of these windows are inspired by picture frames. With picture windows, you should see a beautiful view as if it were a painting. Additionally, they let in plenty of natural light. So, many people love them for bathing commonly used rooms in sunlight. Sometimes picture windows are used as focal points for rooms.
The Benefits of Picture Windows
A picture window can add a lot to your home. Whether you simply enjoy the architectural style or want to improve your view, this could be a great option for you. The following are some of the most noteworthy benefits:
- Maximizes Views: Perhaps the most common reason to select picture windows is to increase the view. Whether you want to see more of your garden or have a beautiful view of the surrounding landscape, this style of window is perfect.
- Opens Up Your Home: With a picture window, you can make your home feel more open and welcoming. It creates a strong connection to the outdoor world and brings in natural light. This will make your home feel airier.
- Improves Natural Lighting: That natural light can also be very practical. It will make your home brighter and more pleasant to be in. During the day, your rooms with picture windows will be bathed in light.
- Relatively Inexpensive: Surprisingly, these windows are often very cost-efficient. Since they have no moving parts, they often cost less than comparably sized but more complex windows.
- Superior Insulation: Again, due to the lack of moving parts and the requisite gaps, picture windows are very well-insulated. This is especially true if you buy high-quality windows.
With the above benefits in mind, it is easy to see why so many homeowners choose these windows. They can be a beautiful addition to your home.
Drawbacks of Picture Windows
Of course, picture windows are not perfect for every situation. The most significant drawback is that they don’t open. So, if you want to get some ventilation into the room, you will have to use other windows. Additionally, they can cause unwanted solar heat gain. Therefore, many people opt not to place them in areas that get lots of direct sunlight. Finally, large windows can be prone to more incidents of damage or breakage. Plus, the replacement cost of a large pane may be higher.
Picture Window Designs
Although all picture windows share a few characteristics, they can have significantly different designs. Some fit the stereotypical image of a picture window with a large, unstructured pane of glass. However, others are much more modest and may serve utilitarian roles, such as being stationary partners for sliding windows.
One of the most popular designs for picture windows features a large central window with two smaller sliding windows, one on each side. In other cases, a picture window may be paired with a single openable window. Sometimes picture windows are around the size of a standard window and used in a place where having a movable window wouldn’t be optimal.
These windows can also be of varying heights. Some extend all the way to the floor, while others are a more standard window height. If you have a vision for a picture window in your home, contact us. We can likely find a design that will work for your needs.
Other Window Types To Consider
If a picture window isn’t right for you, there are some other options you can consider. For example, sliding windows are common choices to either complement or take the place of their stationary counterparts. A sliding window can still have a large pane of glass but can also be slid open to let in the breeze. There are also different picture window types.
Overall, sliding windows offer a lot of great benefits. They are easy to operate, more energy-efficient than many other windows, provide pleasant views, and require little maintenance. They are the perfect option if you like picture windows but want to be able to open them.
Alternatively, you may consider casement windows. These are side-hinged, offering many of the benefits of picture windows without the drawbacks. Best Buy Windows & Siding can also offer window installation for various custom or specialty windows. So, if you aren’t sure whether a picture window is right for you, just contact us. We are happy to discuss some possible options to help you find the perfect window style for your needs.
Advantages of Choosing Best Buy Windows & Siding for Your Picture Windows
Beyond the benefits of picture windows themselves, there are some significant advantages to choosing us to install them for you. These are just a few of the reasons you’ll love our high-quality windows installed by our expert team:
- Durable resists fading, cracking, and staining
- Low maintenance no painting, or staining
- Meets or exceeds Energy Star criteria
- Double Low E and Argon gas
- Double or triple-pane insulated glass
- Energy-efficient and sound-reducing
- Financing options available
- Lifetime warranty
- Expert installation
Best Buy Windows & Siding is the go-to team in the North Texas area for siding and window installation and repair. Whatever you need for your home, we can help you with it.
Areas We Serve
Find the one closest to you and contact us today to see how we can help you out. We’ve got you covered.